|Donate to help continue the development
of the Redirect Plugin
What is the Redirection Plugin?
So you have Indigo Pro, why not use the Indigo web server interface for more than just an occasional glance of your home automation?
Before you say something like, how can I do that? All it’s good for, is controlling my home automation…
Well, maybe before the Redirection plugin, you would have been right…
But now, with the Redirection plugin, you can create a web portal device in Indigo, and assign a “IWS Path”, and a URL to redirect to. When the IWS plugin sees the web URL, it will create a iframe and embed the URL you wanted into that iframe.
So, you can use Indigo to act as a portal for other web resources.
But, wait a second your saying, why can’t I just make a control page, that has a button leading to a web resource. You can, but you have to create control page, layout the buttons, and put more effort into it to create the web link.
So redirection plugin is quicker, simpler, and easier… But unlike a control page, you do not have a fancy GUI appearance…
- If the user goes to http://*indigoserver*/redirection, they will receive a listing of all the redirections, with live web links.. So, you don’t need to create a separate control page… (These links do not use iframes)
- To have a iframe created, the link would be http://*indigoserver*/Redirection/?url=*IWS PATH*
So for example, I have a google search shortcut setup with a IWS Path of “Google”, and a redirection to “http://www.google.com”. The URL would be:
1) Open the “Add to Plugin Directory” folder, and take the Redirect.indigoPlugin and place it into
/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 5/Plugins
2) Open the “Add to IWS Plugin Directory” folder, and copy the “Redirection” folder, and place it into:
/Plugins/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 5/IndigoWebServer/Plugins
4) Restart the Indigo 5 Server
5) After the Indigo server restarts, it will immediately open a dialog window,
asking you to the set the default settings for the plugin.
If you are upgrading from earlier versions of the Redirect, please go into any “Web Portal” device
records, and check your settings.
1) Open a web browser window, and go to your Indigo Web Server.
You will see an entry at the bottom:
Web Redirection Allows Indigo to display other sites
If you click on that link, the Redirection web page will open, and display the currently defined redirections.
For issues or questions, please contact [email protected]
To help fund the continued development of this plugin… Please consider donating.
At this time my software is free, including the Indigo Web Plugin’s and attachment scripts…
But the cost to make the plugins and other software is not cheap. Not to mention the additional cost of
keeping current in the Home Automation field, and research, etc…
Some of the users of my software has asked about making Donations… So, here’s the plan:
If you want your donation to be payment for a software package, please write it down in the donation’s
comments. Otherwise the donation will go towards paying for Web Hosting. Anyone that indicates that
they wish to be credited for a donation, will be listed as a donor, either on the website and/or
software plugin (if the user was donating to a specific plugin).
To Donate, please go to http://www.schollnick.net/wordpress/about/donations/ and click on the