The Indigo Security Script is a AppleScript applet for Indigo that is run anytime a Security Event has been received by Indigo.
The typical Security device is a DS10A X10 based magnetic reed sensor switch. Â The sensor itself is very versatile, and can be used for a variety of tasks, including detecting:
- Open Doors, and Windows
- With Small modification detecting Deadbolt positions
The script itself when a event occurs, can do the following:
- Sound a Chime Â (Every time, or only on open events) on a device-by-device basis
- Send a Growl Notification on a device-by-device basis
- Play a Sound File on a device-by-device basis
- Monitor for inactivate security sensors (eg. Low Battery Warning, Broken Sensor Warning)
- Ignore the event on a device by device basis
- Use Mac Text-to-Speech to speak the alarm
- (Optional) Indigo Security Status Web Plugin (See below)
Security Script Version 3
The New version of the security script has been rewritten, and simplified in some ways… Â But the installation (currently) requires a bit more than just installing the security script.
There are now two scripts. Â Security Script v3, and Indigo Timers. Â The Indigo Timers script is copy of the script from the Indigo Forums (originally written by Mac Pro, please see http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1926&highlight=timers for all the details on it’s features). Â The main benefit is that this allows us to seperate the timer code from the security script, and allows the Home Automator use the timer code for other projects.
- Download the Security Script
- Copy the Indigo Timer script toÂ /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 4/Scripts/Background Tasks
- Now we need to start the script, everytime the Indigo Server Starts. Â So define a new trigger “Indigo Server Startup” with a type “Indigo Server Startup”. No condition needed. Â The action is to execute Applescript in a file.Â Select the Timer script in the Background Tasks folder.Â To start the script, you can restart the Indigo server or just execute the trigger.
- Copy the Security Script v3 intoÂ /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 4/Scripts/Attachments
- Please ensure that the old copy of the security script is moved out of the attachment script, but do not delete it. Â You may want to revert at some point (or use it for testing purposes).
- At this point just update the Security script’s Alarm matrix. Â See the security script for more details.
Versions for Download
- 7/02/2009, Indigo Security Script v3.01 (359 downloads)
- 6/29/2009, Indigo Security Script v3.0 (283 downloads)
- Indigo Security Script (293 downloads)
Version History of Security Script
- 3.00 – Fixed the path in the install instructions for the background & attachment scripts… Â (Cut ‘n paste error)
- 3.01 – Fixed an Applescript issue that could crash the script if a unrecognized sensor was detected.
- 3.02 – Fixed an Growl issue that could crash the script