QuickLookSatellite MAC OS, High CPU Use. Restarting does not even fix this problem.
- See if there are any relevant log messages in Console.app or /var/log/system.log.
- Use qlmanage -r to reset Quick Look client’s generator cache.
- Run sudo opensnoop -n QuickLookSatellite-general to see if the process hangs after accessing some specific files. Or select QuickLookSatellite-general in Activity Monitor, press command-I, and see the Open Files and Ports tab.
- Temporarily delete Movie.qlgenerator, Audio.qlgenerator, or other qlgenerator bundles in /System/Library/QuickLook, and run qlmanage -r.
- Temporarily remove applications shown by qlmanage -p | grep /Applications/.
- Disable quicklookd with launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.quicklook.*. The plists are loaded again after you log out and back in.
If nothing else works, you could try doing an upgrade install of OS X from the recovery partition